100th Day of School!
- This is a fun 100th day of school activity pack for upper elementary.
It's been one hundred days, so celebrate with some fun themed activities.
**NOTE- you can now purchase this pack as part of my 4th grade math mega bundle.
CLICK HERE to see the mega math bundle for 4th grade. Perfect for math centers!**
I have marked this 100th day of school activity for grades 3-5 , but a couple of the math activities are probably more suitable for ADANCED third graders to fifth graders. Please read the description below and decide if you think it will work for you.
More 100th Day Activities
Reading Fact Find
100th Day Math Review Activity Page
100th Day Quotes - Kids Connecting to Quotes
100th Day of School Writing Banner
The 9 activity sheets Included in this pack are:
1) Fraction Challenge- In this 'challenge', students use a 10x10 grid (a 100 board) to answer the questions. The steps have them split the hundred's grid into fourths and asks them fraction related questions about that. They will then answer a question on halves and tenths. The challenge then ask questions related to money, such as if each square on the grid is a penny, what fraction of a dollar is one square. To take it further, it advances to, 'What if you had three grids and a fourth of another, how much money would you have?"...... and so on. :-)
2) Mystery Number- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide to find the mystery number, which is 100
3) Subtract multi- digit numbers using zeros. All top numbers in the subtraction problems have an even 100 with borrowing, such as 24,500- 16,674.
4) 100 pennies = $1.00, so how many other ways can you make a dollar
5) Dollar Words- use the key to prove which words are worth 100 pennies/$1.00.
6) Grid Drawing- Use the smaller grid image to recreate the 100th day themed image on the larger grid
7) 100 words - From your desk, look around the room and write one hundred words. Use a dictionary for spelling if needed (could be a partner activity too)
8) How many words can you make using the words "one Hundred" - spaces for 2,3,4,5 and more words
9) 100 years old - framed pictures of me 'now' and me when I am '100' ---- this is just for fun. You could follow up with a writing activity about life at 100.
I'm sure your kids will have fun with it. :-)
Happy 100th day of school to you!!
For other creative lesson ideas, click on 'elementary lesson plans' by my picture above.