WHOLE AUGUST MONTH HERE AT DISCOUNT!
Daily Math Word Problems based on interesting events from around the world each day in the theme of "On This Day,,,".
15 math word problems per day all based on facts.
Links to Grade 4 and 5 Common Core Standards.
FULL DAY SAMPLE HERE
Note: This product is run on 8 calendar days, not 8 school days. This benefits you as you can use the product next year (the 8 school days this year will not be the same next year). We have also only priced the pages for the 5 school days that you would use this year.
- Interesting event from around the world each day
- Students learn about the world through math word problems
- Math problems based on factual information surrounding the daily event
- Math problems spread over two pages with working out space under each one
- Answer space provided for students to write a full sentence answer if required.
- Themed calendar pages with clip art based on the event
- Box with information about the day and a ‘did you know?’ fact, different for each level
- Full colour and black and white with line art clip art provided
15 daily math word problems over 3 levels (5 per level)
- Table showing each math word problem and links to Grade 4 and Grade 5 Common Core
- Questions differ from level to level so can be used with advancing students each year
Answer key included:
- Page for each day including answers to all math word problems
- Answers have working out plus full sentence answers
- Can be used as teacher reference or handout to students
Levels labelled in colours not low/middle/high so students aren’t labelled:
- Allows for differentiation for students in your class
Lowest - Orange - Generally for Grade 4 standard (Common Core)
Middle - Blue - More advanced Grade 4 to Grade 5 (Common Core)
High - Purple - More advanced Grade 5 (Common Core)
Ideas for use:
- Daily warm up activities
- Math station worksheets
- Math word problem journal pages
- Early finisher work
- Cooperative math activities
- Assign a few of the questions and the remainder are for the early finishers.
This pack contains:
7 days of daily math word problems in colour and black and white versions.
(Looks great printed in grey scale as well)
August 25th - Galileo demonstrated the telescope
August 26th - Mount Krakatoa erupted
August 27th - Mars made its closest approach to Earth in 60,000 years
August 28th - the first paid radio commercial occurred
August 29th - Michael Jackson was born
August 30th - it is International Whale Shark Day
August 31sh - was the First Solar Powered Car - Sunmobile
maths word problems, maths, daily word problems