This yearlong bundle includes 11 genre story elements book projects that are creative and fun PLUS literary elements posters and slideshow, student literary story elements flip reference, and genre posters with book example lists. The set is in DIGITAL and PRINT so you can use it any way that works for you! The set includes teacher and student directions, scoring options, examples, patterns, and more. It's all here! You decide the order you teach these fun book genre projects.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: Now included is a digital version for you to use during distance learning! You upload the PowerPoint version to Google Drive, save as Google Slides and you're off and running for the year! You have permission to use this product as a digital product with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view. You may NOT use to any materials created by Mrs. Renz' Class in any for-profit online classes or courses.
The digital version has projects saved individually so they are ready to assign to students. This set has everything you will need to conduct a year-long genre study and reinforce the story elements in a fun meaningful way.
Boring book reports? Nope! Not with this set! Students enjoy these fun creative book projects that go with any novel while you reinforce the reading comprehension strategies at the same time.
Students read novels at their reading level, focusing on story elements in a project, and participate in culmination book project celebrations each month. The projects are motivating and fun while improving reading skills and tied to Common Core Standards.
The book project bundled set, genre posters, and literary story elements flip book and poster set includes 300+ pages of materials. Everything you need is here!
Packed with Curriculum Content:
Students apply the story elements of character, setting, conflict, resolution, plot and theme as well as offer opinions as they complete a different genre book project each month. Students record evidence from the text, support their opinion, and cite evidence from the text. All in a fun and creative way.
Suggestions for Use:
✦ Assign the digital book projects for distance learning
✦ Use book projects as part of your lit circle activities.
✦ Use book projects in your guided reading instruction.
✦ Assign a genre of the month for each book project based on what fits with your curriculum.
✦ Use book projects as a meaningful homework assignment that's simple for you to manage.
✦ Host book project celebrations in many forms like all group, small group, and partner share. Mix it up!
CCSS ELA Common Core Standards for grades 3-5 are included by the set is not tagged Common Core.
This Huge Bundle SAVES $$ and Includes These Products!
All projects come in PDF format and include a student handout of directions, teacher directions, a lesson plan and ideas for each, a monthly reading calendar for students, photos or examples of finished project, and usually at least 3 scoring sheet options. Most projects include photos of student project examples. Some projects include extras items like timelines and other planning sheets. If you want to change the project content, you can can use the editable PowerPoint version where you can also add your own graphics. This is a NO PREP set of materials for you!
See the product preview to see everything included.
MATERIALS INCLUDED IN THE BUNDLED SET:
• Genres and Project Choices Teacher Chart. This shows which projects are be best suited for teaching the genres
• Genre Yearly Projects Student Chart. This document shows a chart of the month-by-month the genres, projects and project descriptions for students and families. This is also editable is PowerPoint.
• Common Core Standards Correlations for Grades 3, 4 and 5
11 BOOK PROJECTS INCLUDED (print AND digital formats):
Book Projects: Student Directions, Planning Sheets, Scoring Guides & Photos: (PowerPoint and PDF)
Editable MS PowerPoint: This version allows you to fully edit and modify the content, add your own graphics, and change the fonts.
• Cell Phone – Students illustrate their own phone buttons to go with the story elements. **This is a new project add to the set that is sure to please!**
• Bag the Elements Project – Students collect items that represent the story elements and share them as they retell the story during the culmination event.
• Board Game Project – Students design and create their own board game to demonstrate the story elements. Students use the materials order form to obtain game materials from the teacher (if desired), and after playing each other’s games, and students fill out a “Fun Factor” rating card as a compliment to the game creator.
• Book Jacket Project – Students design and create a book jacket and include the story elements and even a barcode.
• Character Highs and Lows Project – Students reflect on the main character’s high and low point in his/her life and create a bar chart with a scale of 0 to 10 highlights of the person’s life and 0 to -10 for the sad moments. Students reflect upon and give opinions of the character and contributions to society. Also includes a timeline and rough draft planning sheet.
• Character Traits Poster Project – Students think deeply about the main character of the book and create a poster showing the traits of the person. Rough draft planning sheet also included.
• Flip Book Project – Students create a 7 page foldable flip book that includes the story elements on the page edges.
• Puppets and Plays – Using the genre of your choice, students create a puppet show or play and perform a story summary for the class. Students can pre-record the play or perform live with classmate assistance if desired.
• Reading is a Gift Project – This is a fun project to use during December. The theme is, Reading is a gift. Students wrap a box with gift paper, ribbon and gift tag, and put the book inside. Finished “gifts” could be placed underneath a bulletin board or other tree. As the “gifts” are opened during the culmination event, the “gifts” of the story elements are shared. Also includes rough draft planning sheet. 2 scoring guides.
• Scrap Book Page Project – The story elements are explored as students create a scrap book page.
• Windsock Project – Story elements are written on the windsock strips. String attaches to the top and they look great hanging from your classroom ceiling.
GENRE POSTER CONTENTS: 24 pages PDF landscape format + PowerPoint version you can save as Google Slides (TM)
• Reading Genres (Title)
• Reading Genre of the Month (Title)
• Reading Genre Study (Title)
• Reading is a Gift (Title)
• A PowerPoint editable book list version is included so you can customize your book lists. These are ready to use in Google Classroom TM)
• Autobiography (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Biography (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Fantasy (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Historical Fiction (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Informational (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Mystery (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Poetry (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Realistic Fiction (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Science Fiction (genre description & list of 10 books)
• Traditional Literature (genre description & list of 10 books)
Add more content to your reading lessons by using these creative and FUN book projects that are better than a book report!
Just say NO to boring book projects and book reports! :)
Click HERE TO FOLLOW ME to get advance notice of new products priced 50% off for the first 24 hours!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Reading Logs with FREE LIFETIME* UPDATES! (* = the life of this product)