11 Color Book Bundle
½ the price of buying each set individually!
These books are perfect for the first few weeks of school to introduce basic Sight Words and Color Words.
Each Color Book Set has 12 books which can be used as is, or you may mix up the pages to increase difficulty, and to differentiate instruction.
That makes over 132 books to read as is, or mix and recreate, to fit your needs!
Each Color Book Set uses the same pictures, so you can differentiate the level, and not have to change the pictures.
Each Color Book Set includes differentiated Flash Cards which can be used for:
- Word work, sentence building, partner practice, reading/learning centers, etc.
- Follow-up after reading so children can re-tell the story
-One set shows the pictures only
-One set shows the pictures with the words
-One set shows the words only
The books are in 3 stages:
-Books 1-4: noun phrases (no period needed)
-Books 5-8: verb phrases (period needed)
-Books 9-12: sentences
- Guided or shared reading
- Small Group Instruction
- Partner Reading
- Tracing Practice
- Coloring Practice
- Fine Motor Practice
- High Frequency Words/Sight Words are listed on the back of each book for teachers, parents, and students
- A, the, I, see, and each color word
Lesson Idea for each set:
- Begin each reading group time with a graphic organizer lesson done whole group about the color you will be reading.
- Students work independently while you meet and rotate with 3 small groups and read the leveled book that is appropriate for each group.
- Mix & Match “a”/“the” pages for a more difficult read
- The 12 Books are divided into 3 levels. The teacher starts with one book from each level to teach the same thing to all 3 groups, using the same picture support and vocabulary for all 12 books, thereby diminishing the set up time.
- Pages in each level are interchangeable to increase the difficulty of the read.
- Assessment can be made up of 1 page from each book to determine where your student is successful or may need more instructional support.
- The books are set up to be copied back-to-back, stapled at the left side, and cut down the middle on the line. You run half the number of sets as there are students in your group, staple and cut, and pass out to your readers.
- After small reading group time, revisit the graphic organizer as a whole class to continue and add to the color conversation and discuss the reading.
- All books in this set have the same objects- the only thing that is different is the difficulty of the book.
- Follow up with each student drawing/writing about other items of the color you are working on.
Skills Strengthened using this series:
- 1:1 correspondence
- Matching pictures to print
- Using illustrations to help “clue” reading
- Predictable pattern
- 4 sight words and 1 color word included in each set, so readers can advance as you teach the colors.