This aim of this product is to assist students with their counting and 1:1 correspondence. The counting cards can be used for small groups, maths groups, early finishers or as a whole class activity. They are differentiated to enable all students to use.
When I used them with my students, I posed the question, ‘What is the best way to count the objects on the counting sheets?’ It generated a great discussion and some suggestions were:
• Put a cross through them one at a time with a dry erase/whiteboard marker
• Put a counter on each picture and count as you go
• Put a counter on each picture, put the counters in a pile and then count the counters
It is an open-ended question designed to get the students thinking about 1:1 correspondence.
The pack includes:
• 10 x counting sheets: numbers 1 – 6
• 10 x counting sheets: numbers 1 – 10
• 10 x answer sheets: numbers 1 – 6
• 10 x answer sheets: numbers 1 - 10
How to use the product:
You will need – dry board markers and erasers and counters
• Print out and laminate the counting sheets that you want to use.
• Give each child a counting sheet and ask them to write the correct number for each picture.
• Use the answer sheets to help you check the students’ answers. It is much easier than counting them over and over again!
You may also be interested in:
Fun With Number Towers - Numbers 1 - 20
Open Ended Number Boards
0-10 Summer Bingo
Follow Little Wombats on Facebook