This is a great deal for those who like fun, creative teaching materials but don't have the time to do it all from scratch. Each game is in full color and includes a filing tab, a "How to Play" section, a decorative title label with picture, game pieces and most include answer keys. Below are the titles of 11 different math, reading and language arts file folder games that are included. I also have a primary file folder games download listed if you need some lower level skills.
1. CLAMMING UP WITH COMMAS: Match the sentence clams to the clams on the beach that have the rule that matches the sentence.
2. DRAWING CONCLUSIONS: Read each paragraph. Find the pencil that tells what most likely happened next and place that pencil in the answer box under the paragraph. There are three choices for each paragraph. (Since the answers can't be found in the paragraphs, you will have to draw a conclusion from what you read.)
3. HAMMERING DOWN HOMONYMS: Activity 1: In the sentences below, underline the homograph that matches the meaning shown at the end of the sentence. (ie: Sandy moped because her moped was broken. a small motorcycle) Activity 2: Decide which of the homographs in the box below matches the definitions at the left. Write the answer on the line. (ie: A measure of time Very small = minute)
4. PENGUINS POSSESSIVE NOUNS: Sort out the game cards on to the correct penguin according to whether the word is a singular possessive noun or a plural possessive noun.
5. PICK A POSSESSIVE NOUN: Read the sentence on each apple. Decide if the underlined world is a singular or possessive pronoun. Place the apple on the correct tree.
6. WHAT WILL THE WEATHER BRING (CAUSE & EFFECT): Read the cause statement on the first cloud of each rainbow. Match the correct effect statement to the end of each rainbow.
7. NAME THAT POLYGON: Turn all the game cards upside down. Take turns drawing a card. Move your token to the first shape on the game board that is named on the card.
8. SLAM DUNK DIVISION: Solve the division problem on each basketball and place it in the correct answer hoop.
9. THE PERFECT PAIR: Read the sentence segments on each shoe. Match the shoe segments together to make a pair that shows a complete sentence that makes sense.
10. THE TRIANGLE GAME: Review the types of triangles using the information page. To play the game, turn all the game cards upside down in a pile. Place a token on start. Take turns choosing a card. Move your token to the space on the game board that shows the type of triangle listed on the card. The first person to reach the end of the game board wins the round.
11. TOE THE LINE (LINES, RAYS, & SEGMENTS):
Activity 1: Fill in the blank with a toe cut out that makes the sentence read correctly.
Activity 2: Add end points and / or arrows to make a line, line segment and ray
Activity 3: Draw a line to match each definition to its example.