BACK TO SCHOOL
11 Sensei-tional Scaffolds for Supporting Literacy Across the School Year
All teachers are teachers of literacy. These scaffold and graphic organizers are designed to support teachers with delivering meaningful literacy instruction through meaningful classroom activities. Teachers using these resources may choose to print out the various scaffolds to give as copies for students to work on, whilst also having the flexibility to project the relevant scaffold via a data projector or interactive whiteboard if access to printing is an issue at some schools.
Scaffolds and graphic organizers included in this resource:
* Comparing Cultures: United States VS __________
* Make a Comparison: __________ VS __________
* Mindmap Your Topic: metacognitive strategy to systematically review a current topic
* KWL Chart: pre-topic understanding
* Know Your Keywords: glossary with meanings
* Argue Your Point: constructing arguments for persuasive texts
* A to Z Metalanguage: words associated with a specific topic
* Sell Your Keywords: combining spelling with numeracy (prices)
* Storyboard a Text: sequential deconstruction of a closely studied text
* Daily Chronicle Paper Article: reporting on a key issue/topic studied or read about in a unit of work
* Viewing a Video: Notetaking
Please feel free to provide feedback on this resource. Each product purchased and reviewed earns TpT credit for future purchases you might make.