Resource:11 Textiles Year long course resources
This amazing year long bundle has over 120 pages of teaching and learning materials across the syllabus areas for 11 Textiles.
This bundle is a steal.
Students will learn
11 Textiles Preliminary Objectives
Students will develop:
1. knowledge and understanding of the functional and aesthetic requirements
of textiles for a range of applications
2. practical skills in design and manipulation of textiles through the use of
3. the ability to apply knowledge and understanding of the properties and
performance of textiles to the development and manufacture of textile items
4. skills in experimentation, critical analysis and the discriminatory selection
of textiles for specific end-uses
5. knowledge and understanding of Australian Textile, Clothing, Footwear and
6. an appreciation of the significance of textiles in society.
Included in this fabulous bundle is the textiles prelimary project
(A Dory inspired sea cushion) with a completed student folio sample.
Specifically this resource covers:
Elements and principles of design
Types of design
Preliminary Textile Project 1
focuses onthe generation and communication of ideas, design modification, manipulative skills, evaluation of ideas and the project, and management of time and resources
Properties and Performance of Textiles 50%
Fabric, yarn and fibre structure
Types, classification and identification
of abrics, yarns and fibres
Fabric, yarn and fibre properties
Preliminary Textile Project 2
on an analysis of fabric, yarn and fibre
properties, experimental procedures,
product design, fabric choice, manipulative
and management skills, communication
methods and the recording of information
Australian Textile, Clothing, Footwear and Allied Industries 10%
Industry overview – past, present, future
Quality and value of textiles
This is one of my favourite courses to teach.