This study pack would be worth around 4 lessons.
The 6 worksheets include the following:
- Characterisation - Characters in the Play
(Students explore each character's background and the personal issues they bring to the case.)
- Innocent or Guilty? - A Step by Step Writing Frame
(Step by step guide to help students explore the concept of innocence in the form of an essay.)
- Evidence - The Switchblade Knife
(Students explore the significance of the switchblade knife before making their own verdict on the boy - guilty or innocent?)
- Key Concepts - Beyond Reasonable Doubt
(Students explore exactly what the concept means, relevant to their own life and how the term applies to the play. Students can then make judgments based on their findings.)
- Key Ideas - The Triumph and the Fragility of Justice
(A synthesis task where students visually interpret key aspects of how the triumph and the fragility of justice are demonstrated in the play.)
- Metalanguage - How to talk Like a Lawyer!
(Handy worksheet to study the legal terminology used in the play. You'll be speaking like a true lawyer in no time!)