Also included in
- 15 Book Report Project BundleThis bundle contains 15 of our most popular book report projects to save you time and money. Students will enjoy the variety of their independent reading assignments as each of these book report projects provides lots of student choice. The following 4 book report projec$9.99$15.99Save $6.00
12 Genre Book Reports/Novel Responses: Help your students dive deeper into their reading with these 12 different book report assignments. Each assignment enables students to showcase their creativity while meeting your curriculum standards. This assignment covers both Fiction and Non-Fiction books.
The assignment structure rotates every three months helping students achieve mastery, while still providing student choice. Assignments can be used in any order. A teaching schedule is provided. This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom.
1. Retell, Relate, Reflect, Review - a critical thinking and written reflection assignment.
2. Choice Board - students are provided with 3 options and must select which creative option they want to produce.
3. Sell This Book - a book talk format assignment.
Other Included Assignments:
4. Student-Created Lesson based on a Non-Fiction Book
5. Traditional Literature vs. Fractured Fairy Tales Assignment
• Assignment Sheets (labelled by genre or month)
• Levelled Rubrics
• Individual PDFs of student sheets to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
1. "Great resource for literacy! Thank you for having 1 set labelled by genre and one by month. I like having the flexibility to choose what works for me. I also found it helpful that you gave some suggestions for each genre. Some I already had in mind, others are now added to my 'to read' list."
2. "This resource really helped me get started with my book reports this year. Not only did I want to have students focus on a different genre each month, but I also wanted a variety of book report projects. Your packet was exactly what I was looking for!"
3. "Loved this resource! Many students found that they now "love" reading a particular genre! Yay!! I plan on using this resource again this year. It is a fabulous supplement to our reading workshop! Thank you!!!"'
4. "Another great resource from this seller. Thanks for everything that you do to make other teachers' lives easier and student learning better!"
5. "I love that there are 12 genres and also different response formats. The best part about this resource is that my students were able to complete a meaningful reflection after the presentations where they had to compare and contrast at least three other students' novel reports. Since we had focused on one genre, it made it easier for them to take notes and reflect meaningfully. Excellent resource!"
Suggested Reading Schedule:
1. September /Realistic Fiction
2. October /Mystery Fiction
3. November /Graphic Novel
4. December /Science Fiction
5. January /Biography/Memoirs Non-Fiction
6. February /Historical Fiction
7. March /Classical Fiction (pre 1960)
8. April /Fantasy Fiction
9. May /Free Choice Non-Fiction
10. June /Traditional Literature + Fractured Fairy Tales
11. July/Sports Fiction
12. August/Free Choice or Free Verse Novel