Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
12 Major Events of World War 2: Timeline Notes + Research Project for WWII!
This activity is included in the much larger World War II (WWII) Bundle, located here:
Buy the Bundle and save a Bundle!
In this engaging way to teach the major events of World War II, students complete guided notes in a timeline setup and complete an optional research extension project to learn about the most crucial parts of the war. This activity hits on the major details from 12 major events of World War II, as well as hits on the fate of the war's leaders, such as Franklin D. Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Benito Mussolini. The 12 events on the student timeline are given 2-3 pieces of class notes that are focused on the most crucial information (and many have videos included). The events that are part of this World War II project are:
- The German Invasion of Poland
- The German Conquering of Paris (and Western Europe)
- The Battle of Britain
- The German Invasion of the Soviet Union
- The Japanese Attack on Pearl Harbor
- The Bataan Death March
- The Battle of Midway
- The Battle of Stalingrad
- The North African and Italian Campaigns
- D-Day (Operation Neptune)
- The Liberation of Auschwitz, takeover of Berlin, and "Victory in Europe" Day
- The U.S. Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima
Included are two pages of timeline notes, an 18 slide PPT with video links included, and an optional research extension project is included to hit additional events of this massive war!
A teacher key and a Google 1:1 version are also included!