12 Mighty Orphans Movie Guide | Worksheet | Questions | Google (PG13 - 2021)
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
Also included in
- This Sports movie guide bundle is great to have in your emergency fun toolkit for ELA substitutes or supplemental material for your class.Check the preview files for each individual product to see high resolution sample questions and decide if these guides are suitable for your students.★You're In GPrice $31.99Original Price $49.90Save $17.91
12 Mighty Orphans Movie Guide | Worksheet | Questions | Google (PG13 - 2021) challenges students to analyze this inspiring underdog journey based on a true story. Explore metaphors, compare how Rusty and Frank approach education and interpret a powerful quote from Homer. Predict events based on foreshadowed hints and ask students to think like a director. Finally, discuss if the Mighty Mites won more by not actually winning the state championship.
Note: This story is based on the true story of the Rusty Russel and the Masonic Home football team during the 1930s in Fort Worth, Texas.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 12 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
Do you teach a film literature or analysis elective class?
A version of this movie guide is now featured in a full Film Literature Curriculum. The free preview includes this movie guide for free! Check it out on CurricuLimb's TPT store here : )
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 5,000 ratings with a ★★★★★ average.
This product includes:
- An EASEL by TPT version of the student movie guide (compatible with Google Classroom)
- A single pdf file consisting of the following PDFs:
- An answer key (4 pages)
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met (1 page)
- A PDF with link to a Google Slides version (1 page)
- A student movie guide (4 pages)
CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
What is EASEL by TPT? Check out some of the videos below:
- How to Assign Easel Activities to Students
- The Student Experience Using Easel Activities
- How to Review Student Work using Easel Activities
General Tips for Using the Print version of this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Earn free resources with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Onward Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Trolls World Tour Movie Guide (PG - 2020)
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE