The following complete PowerPoint Lesson details are best viewed by downloading the PREVIEW of this item.
The lesson includes:
1) 1 warm-up
2) Slides that encourage an investigation about what happens when inequalities are multiplied/divided by positive and negative numbers on both sides. (Teachers should have students use different numbers during the investigation so that more examples are created)
3) Opportunities for a conceptual discussion about the difference between what is done to both sides of an inequality compared to what the original inequality is
4) The difference between flipping/reversing the sign and simply rewriting the inequality with the variable on the left
5) Practice solving and graphing these one-step inequalities
6) How to check the solution of an inequality to make sure the inequality sign is facing the correct direction
7) Extra practice recognizing when the sign should be flipped/reversed compared to simply rewriting the variable on the left
I have also created guided notes pages that accompany this PowerPoint lesson for the most efficient learning experience for students.
Please feel free to edit the slides to fit your own unique teaching style.