WHOLE AUGUST MONTH HERE AT DISCOUNT!
Daily Math Word Problems based on interesting events from around the world each day in the theme of "On This Day,,,".
15 math word problems per day all based on facts.
Linked to Grade 4 and 5 Common Core Standards.
FULL DAY SAMPLE HERE
Note: This product is run on 8 calendar days, not 8 school days. This benefits you as you can use the product next year (the 8 school days this year will not be the same next year). We have also only priced the pages for the 5 school days that you would use this year.
- Interesting event from around the world each day
- Students learn about the world through math word problems
- Math problems based on factual information surrounding the daily event
- Math problems spread over two pages with working out space under each one
- Answer space provided for students to write a full sentence answer if required.
- Themed calendar pages with clip art based on the event
- Box with information about the day and a ‘did you know?’ fact, different for each level
- Full colour and black and white with line art clip art provided
15 daily math word problems over 3 levels (5 per level)
- Table showing each math word problem and links to Grade 4 and Grade 5 Common Core
- Questions differ from level to level so can be used with advancing students each year
Answer key included:
- Page for each day including answers to all math word problems
- Answers have working out plus full sentence answers
- Can be used as teacher reference or handout to students
Levels labelled in colours not low/middle/high so students aren’t labelled:
- Allows for differentiation for students in your class
- Lowest - Orange - Linked to Grade 4 Common Core Standards
- Middle - Blue - Linked to Grade 4 Common Core Standards with indicators to show when its more advanced that the standards
- Linked to Grade 5 Common Core Standards
- High - Purple - Linked to Grade 5 Common Core Standards with indicators to show when its more advanced that the standards
Ideas for use:
- Daily warm up activities
- Math station worksheets
- Math word problem journal pages
- Early finisher work
- Cooperative math activities
- Assign a few of the questions and the remainder are for the early finishers.
This pack contains:
August 1st - it is the horses birthday
August 2nd - Alexander Graham Bell died
August 3rd - it is National Watermelon Day (US)
August 4th - Louis Armstrong was born
August 5th - Prometheus was cut down
August 6th - the World Wide Web was born
August 7th - Philippe Petit walked between the towers
August 8th - it is World Cat Day