WHOLE AUGUST MONTH HERE AT DISCOUNT!
Daily Math Word Problems based on interesting events from around the world each day in the theme of "On This Day,,,".
15 math word problems per day all based on facts.
Linked to Grade 4 and 5 Common Core Standards.
FULL DAY SAMPLE HERE
Note: This product is run on 8 calendar days, not 8 school days. This benefits you as you can use the product next year (the 8 school days this year will not be the same next year). We have also only priced the pages for the 5 school days that you would use this year.
- Interesting event from around the world each day
- Students learn about the world through math word problems
- Math problems based on factual information surrounding the daily event
- Math problems spread over two pages with working out space under each one
- Answer space provided for students to write a full sentence answer if required.
- Themed calendar pages with clip art based on the event
- Box with information about the day and a ‘did you know?’ fact, different for each level
- Full colour and black and white with line art clip art provided
15 daily math word problems over 3 levels (5 per level)
- Table showing each math word problem and links to Grade 4 and Grade 5 Common Core
- Questions differ from level to level so can be used with advancing students each year
Answer key included:
- Page for each day including answers to all math word problems
- Answers have working out plus full sentence answers
- Can be used as teacher reference or handout to students
Levels labelled in colours not low/middle/high so students aren’t labelled:
- Allows for differentiation for students in your class
Lowest - Orange - Generally for Grade 4 standard (Common Core)
Middle - Blue - More advanced Grade 4 to Grade 5 (Common Core)
High - Purple - More advanced Grade 5 (Common Core)
Ideas for use:
- Daily warm up activities
- Math station worksheets
- Math word problem journal pages
- Early finisher work
- Cooperative math activities
- Assign a few of the questions and the remainder are for the early finishers.
This pack contains:
August 9th - building the Leaning Tower of Pisa began
August 10th - the Louvre Museum opened
August 11th - was the last total solar eclipse of the millennium
August 12th - it is International Youth Day
August 13th - the Aztec City of Tenochtitlan was captured
August 14th - it is World Lizard day.
August 15th - the Cologne Cathedral began being built.
August 16th - Usain Bolt becomes the fastest man in the world