A PERFECT ACTIVITY FOR HISTORY AND CIVICS CLASSES!
In studying this Amendment, your students will learn the history behind what happens when one candidate for president does not get a majority of electoral votes, an in depth study of the 12th Amendment, and a Matching assessment quiz.
An Enhanced Document-Based Question Unit that includes elements of Close Reading Strategies to gain a GREATER understanding of the 12th Amendment - "Election of Executives". This lesson includes:
* Lesson Plan
* Lesson Plan Narrative and Reasoning Guide
* Common Core Standards Correlation
* Primary and Secondary Sources on Historical Events
* Open-ended and close-ended questions
* Modified Close Reading Strategies embedded
* Quizlet vocabulary link for concept reinforcement
* Extended Activity for Gifted/Advanced Students
* An Investigative Approach to History
* An Answer Key
* Designed for grade 5 and up, but lower grades can easily scaffold the lesson for use
** PDF Version can easily be printed for student handouts
** Both Color and Blackline Masters are included