Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
7.29 MB | 37 slides and 20 pages pages
All of these items can be purchased separately on my TPT site or buy them all with this unit and save. On the zip file I have ordered and numbers the activities for a suggested sequence.
This is more of a compilation of activities than a cohesive unit.
Here is a brief outline of the unit. Please contact me if you have any questions.
1. 37 thought provoking and discussion oriented warm up.
2. Roanoke DBQ: Analyze 2 sources and write a persuasive paragraph about why the colonists disappeared.
3. 15 statement anticipation guide to see what students know about the important concepts concerning the colonies.
4. Colonies vocabulary and vocabulary story assignment.
5. Timeline: Students create a timeline of important events.
6. 13 colonies map assignment
7. 22 slide Jamestown PowerPoint: students have to answer some questions during PowerPoint.
8. Starving Time Wordsplash
9. On the Trail of John Smith online game questions.
10. PBS Colonial Interactive questions.
11. Video Guides for 3 Sovereigns for Sarah, Jamestown Secrets of the Dead, Salem Witch Trials, and We Shall Remain, and War That Made America
12. 2 Short Quizzes
13. Salem Witch Trials CSI Investigation: Students work in groups and analyze sources to decide why the Salem Witch Trials happened.
14. Indian Uprising of 1675 primary sources analysis.
15. Join or Die cartoon analysis.