Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
14.98 MB | 134 pages
13 Colonies – New England Colonies – Middle Colonies – Southern Colonies
What do your students know about life in American Colonies? Allow students to experience what life in the colonies was like by taking them on a “carriage ride” through the American Colonies. Hire Ben Franklin as your “tour guide” and allow him to take you on a carriage ride through the colonies. As your students experience the carriage ride, they will take notes on their graphic organizer about the geography, economy and history of each region. After each region, students will go to a “carriage stop” and learn more specific information on Boston, Philadelphia, and Williamsburg. Each carriage stop will require the students to read and write summaries. At each stop, students will summarize their learning with a journal entry or postcards. This activity truly brings American history to life as students see, hear and experience the colonies. Your ELL students will benefit with the additional opportunities for visuals and discussion embedded in the lesson. A preview, graphic organizer and processing assignment is provided for the Interactive Notebook.
Your purchase includes:
- A 63 page presentation to guide your students through the 13 Colonies on a carriage ride
- 3 Carriage Stops with more specific information on Boston, Philadelphia and Williamsburg.
- 35 pages of images and content make up these 3 carriage stops.
- A lesson plan that guides you through the activity
- Summary starters for your students to write postcards about each of the places they have visited
- Graphic Organizers of carriages and a journal for note taking and summarizing
Looking for other great US History activities? Try these! US History
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺