13 Colonies Map and Activities | Printable & Digital
Also included in
- Supplement your instruction of the 13 colonies with these comprehensive, no-prep, and standards aligned lessons. Focus on colonial America using differentiated instruction, expository reading and writing practice, vocabulary support, primary source analysis, and map skills reinforcement. EverythingPrice $10.75Original Price $15.50Save $4.75
Focus on climate, geography, and the economies of the early American colonies using this informational text, comprehension worksheet, map activity, and assessment! Students will gain a better understanding of how climate and geography played a role in shaping each colonial economy. A printable PDF version and digital version is included!
**This resource is part of the no-prep 13 Colonies Unit Bundle. It includes FIVE printable and digital resources at a 30% discount price! A FREE 13 Colonies word search is also included with the bundle!! Click here to preview the lessons and take advantage of the bundle savings.
This resource can be completed on paper or online with laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, or any device that supports Google Slides. The included Teacher's Guide includes access to the link that will allow you to make your own copy of the resource for use in Google Classroom/Google Drive.
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:
♥ The perfect start to the Revolutionary War Unit!
♥ I really loved this! The map was clear and easy to read. It made grading the assessment much easier too! Thanks so much for all your hard work!!
♥ Wonderful activity. My students struggle with map activities so this is something we are constantly working on. This activity was perfectly aligned to what we were doing.
♥ Kids loved interacting with the colonies in this manner. This product is great!
♥ Used as an introduction to the thirteen colonies and setting up our writing that contrasts the different area. Perfect text for that! The map that goes with it is awesome.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR PURCHASE:
- 13 Colonies Informational Text: The text focuses on the development of the New England, Middle, and Southern colonial economies based on climate and geography. Tier three vocabulary words are bolded within the text and defined at the bottom of the page.
- 13 Colonies: Climate, Geography, & Economy Worksheet: Using the information from the text, students complete the table to show how climate and geography affected the economies of the colonies. Students will also write three original sentences using several tier-three vocabulary terms from the text.
- Map Activity: A black outline map of the colonies is included for students to complete. Students will label the colonies and use symbols to highlight the key economic products of each region.
- Map Assessment: This two-part map assessment contains matching and fill in the blank questions. Students match each colony on the map and complete three fill in the blank questions about the economy of each colonial region.
- Answer Keys: An answer key is included for the comprehension worksheet and the map assessment.
BUNDLE AND SAVE! FOUR COLONY LESSONS FOR ONE LOW PRICE:
Want a FREE resource each month? Click HERE to follow Literacy in Focus, and you will be sent the monthly freebie!
©Literacy In Focus