The American Colonies Unit
includes American Colonies PowerPoints
with short video links, primary source readings, maps, a project, Kahoot!
Review Game and assessment all bound together with daily lesson plans. Just copy/paste into your lessons. Everything is usable. Everything is planned. This is the complete package. Each lesson begins with a warm-up, and continues with PowerPoint notes, primary source document reading or map activity and an exit ticket. An optional Travel Poster Project is included and the unit also contains assessment that can be given as an open note quiz or test. PowerPoint notes include lecture notes to guide you through the presentation. I have used these lessons with Honors, AP and regular students.
Brief summary of French and Spanish Colonization
- Virginia Company
- John Smith
- John Rolfe
- Indentured Servitude
- Headright System
- House of Burgesses
New England Colonies
- Mayflower Compact
- William Bradford
- - Massachusetts Bay Colony, John Winthrop, Salem Witch Trials
- Roger Williams, Anne Hutchinson
Lord Baltimore, Maryland Act of Religious Tolerance
Native American Relations
- Bacon’s Rebellion, The Pequot War, King Philip’s War
New Netherlands, New York, Henry Hudson
William Penn, Society of Friends
Next stop: American Revolution Unit: Causes, War & Constitution Bundled
This Bundle Includes!:
• Daily Lesson Plans - Copy/Paste into yours!
• Warmup or Bell Question PowerPoints
• Scene from Jamestown Activity
• The American Colonies PowerPoints w/Presenter Notes, w/Video Clips
• The Mayflower Compact Worksheet - Primary Source
• Tobacco and Slavery in the Colonies Worksheet - Primary Source
• City on a Hill/Salem Witch Trials Worksheet - Primary Source
• Maryland Toleration Act Worksheet - Primary Source
• The Pequot War Worksheet - Primary Source
• 13 Colonies Map Activity
• Travel Brochure Project
• Americans Colonies Crossword Puzzle Review
Review Game - Students use their phones!
• Editable Assessment/Test
More on the way!
"Follow me" to be the first to know about new products and free stuff.
Find me on Pinterest at Teaching History
or U.S. History Store
. And follow
Teaching History on Facebook
File Under: Colonial Times, The 13 Colonies, Colonial America, Thirteen Colonies, The Colonies