13 COLONIES is a perfect-bound book that we SHIP to you. Thirteen COMPLETE lessons with engaging hands-on activities to explore the history of each of the Thirteen Original Colonies, including the New England colonies, Middle Colonies, and Southern colonies with Nonfiction Informational Text and a balanced mix of Common Core-aligned assignments:
• Questions after each of the 13 Lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Thirteen Colonies Mapping Study Guide and Mapping Quiz
• Grid Math utilizing Letter Coordinates to solve a Mystery Puzzle
• Following Written Directions activities to practice Functional Text Comprehension
• Differentiating between Primary and Secondary Sources
• Primary and Secondary Source Research Project and Game~all materials included!
• Map Skills using Cardinal and Intermediate Directions to plot points of interest
• KWLH Charts with Follow-Up Questions
• Time Lines utilizing Picture Cues-great for ELL Students!
• Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to make a 3D Miniature Log Cabin. All Patterns and step-by-step directions included!
During their study of the 13 Original Colonies, students will be introduced to these famous Colonists and Native American leaders:
Sir Walter Raleigh
We've included a context-appropriate Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher-level and writing assignments.
We'll ship 13 Colonies anywhere in the 50 states for FREE!!
(If you live outside the U.S., please contact us in the Q/A section BEFORE ordering for shipping costs).
Download the Colonies Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core Alignment, as well as sample lessons and activities.
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER AMERICAN HISTORY HARD COPIES WITH FREE SHIPPING:
SPANISH EXPLORERS HARD COPY
NEW WORLD EXPLORERS HARD COPY
AMERICAN GOVERNMENT HARD COPY
AMERICAN REVOLUTION HARD COPY
SLAVERY IN AMERICA HARD COPY
CIVIL WAR HARD COPY
WESTWARD EXPANSION HARD COPY
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING COLONIES EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2011-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.