A PERFECT ACTIVITY FOR HISTORY AND CIVICS CLASSES!
In studying this Amendment, your students will learn the history how slavery was finally abolished in the U.S., an in depth study of the 13th Amendment, and a Matching assessment quiz.
An Enhanced Document-Based Question Unit that includes elements of Close Reading Strategies to gain a GREATER understanding of the 13th Amendment - "Slavery Abolished". This lesson includes:
* Lesson Plan
* Lesson Plan Narrative and Reasoning Guide
* Common Core Standards Correlation
* Primary and Secondary Sources on Historical Events
* Open-ended and close-ended questions
* Modified Close Reading Strategies embedded
* Quizlet vocabulary link for concept reinforcement
* Extended Activity for Gifted/Advanced Students
* An Investigative Approach to History
* An Answer Key
* Designed for grade 5 and up, but lower grades can easily scaffold the lesson for use
** PDF Version can easily be printed for student handouts
** Both Color and Blackline Masters are included