14 First Week Activities | Classroom Rules and Expectations | Community Building
Also included in
- First year teachers - start the year off with a bang with my First Year Teacher Beginning of the Year Bundle! Deck out your space with modern farmhouse classroom decor, set up your 2022-2023 teacher planner, and plan your classroom routines and procedures with my bundle of the top ten back to schoolPrice $49.99Original Price $60.99Save $11.00
- If you're a new teacher and you want to know how to set yourself up for success in your first year of teaching, this bundle is *perfect* for you. I curated this collection of 10 of the most important staples every new 2nd- 5th grade teacher needs to get the year off to a great start!Please note thatPrice $49.99Original Price $60.99Save $11.00
- First year teachers - start the year off with a bang with my First Year Teacher Beginning of the Year Bundle! Deck out your space with succulent classroom decor, set up your 2022-2023 teacher planner, and plan your classroom routines and procedures with my bundle of the top ten back to school staplePrice $49.99Original Price $60.99Save $11.00
The first week of school is a lively (read: hectic) time. Let your first week activities pull double duty - set back to school procedures and expectations as you work on building your classroom community.
I’ll tell you a secret - you can teach rules and routines AND smile long before Christmas!
My 14 First Week Activities will help you establish a safe and caring community of learners with embedded routines to keep your day smooth, predictable, and efficient (win-win-win).
What You Get:
- Secret Compliments Activity
- Ball Toss
- Classroom Scavenger Hunt
- T-Shirt Activity
- Guess That Person Bingo
- Mystery Door
- Something In Common
- Time Capsules
- A Cheesy Memory Book
- Summer Fun Word Search
- Interest Inventory
- If I Ran the World
- When I Grow Up
- Suggestions for Read-Alouds
BONUS: Templates are included for all of these activities!
These activities are a great way to practice routines, fill in short periods of unplanned time, explore the classroom, make new friends, and get your Back to School bulletin boards decorated!
Why Teachers Like You LOVE This Resource:
“My students really enjoyed these activities. I love how there are 14 included because I ended up using some during the first week some in january after winter break and some in April after spring break. Thank you so much for creating this resource!!” - Gillian M.
“Every resource I have purchased from Lori so far has been incredible! I picked this during the TPT sale in anticipation for my first class in September as I graduate this May. There are so many simple but engaging activities that I am so excited to use to get to know my students.” - Ms. Andersen’s Store
I hope your students love these activities as much as mine did!
Keep Those Imaginative Juices Flowing With a Year of Imagination Station Activities:
Grab More Options For Early Finisher & Independent Work w/ Vocabulary-Based Jokes:
Looking for more great ideas and tips for your first, second, and third year in the classroom? Just because you’re a beginning elementary teacher, there’s no need for you to struggle like one. Subscribe to Beginning Teacher Talk, the podcast where we talk about all the things about teaching you wish you learned in college, share teaching stories and classroom management tips and tricks, and help you to succeed in the classroom:
Want support from a community of passionate educators dedicated to working smarter? Join my Private Beginning Teacher Talk FB Group for tips, tricks, and exclusive contests.
Get credit to spend on TpT resources:
- Log in, and go to “My Purchases”.
- Click “Provide Feedback” beside your purchase
- Each time you give feedback, TpT will give you credits towards future purchases!
Click on the green ★ to follow my store and get notifications about new resources and freebies!
I hope to connect with you soon!