This set of 15 December graphic organizers will engage your students as they show what they know! Each page features fun Christmas and December clip art and a reading assignment that may be used with any book. Make responding to reading fun and fresh by using activities that build excitement for reading and for changing seasons and holidays!
SAVE BIG by purchasing this set as part of a Monthly Reading Response Pages Growing Bundle!
Monthly Reading Response Activities Growing Bundle
You may also like the Monthly Exit Slips Growing Bundle!
Monthly Exit Slips Growing Bundle
These activities offer many possibilities for use, including:
- Use at the end of a reading lesson to assess student knowledge.
- Use the activities for morning work.
- Use during guided reading instruction to assess understanding.
- Use during independent reading time.
- Have students complete and color pages during the month and feature their finished work on a Christmas or December bulletin board.
- Use as an extension assignment for early finishers.
- Send home for reading homework.
These reading response pages are a fun, fresh way to engage your students. They are no prep, easy to implement, and a blast for students!
1. STOCKING up on Books– Writing about favorite books
2. Does that Character Ring a Bell? – Character Traits
3. Hanging Onto Every Word – Responding to the Text
4. Sweet Sequencing – Sequence of Events
5. The Gift of Reading – Story Elements
6. Design a Sweater – Creative Reading Response
7. Making a List, Checking it Twice – Questioning the Text
8. What’s the Big Idea? – Determining Theme
9. A Character’s Christmas – Creative Reading Response
10. The Star of the Story – Writing About the Main Character
11. Cookie Connections – Making Connections
12. Tell-A-Story Tree – Retelling a Story
13. Context Clues Caps – Context Clues
14. Beginning, Middle, End
15. Everyone NOSE Reading is Fun – Favorite Story Events
By purchasing this product, you own a license for one teacher only for personal use in your classroom. Licenses are non-transferable and cannot be passed from one teacher to another. If the teacher who purchases this license leaves the classroom or changes schools, the license and materials leave with that teacher. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire team, grade level, school or district without purchasing the correct number of licenses. Using this file, in whole or in part, to create another product, either free or for purchase, is prohibited.
All material included in this resource belongs to Ford's Board LLC. Included with purchase is a license to use the material, however you do not own the material. You may not upload any portion of this resource to the internet in any format.
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please leave a great rating, follow me, and check out the other products in my store. Thank you!