Also included in
- This ginormous ELA bundle will solve a lot of your problems. You'll never have to stay up late trolling for lesson plan ideas again. You'll just dive into this folder, choose one of the dozens of activities and projects inside, and then hit the hay. Imagine the delicious smells of your own literary$30.00$44.99Save $14.99
When students struggle to voice their opinion during discussion, sometimes all they need is a little warm-up.
From the Reviews:
- "Such a great resource! It is really helpful to have all these types of prompts in one place. I printed stacks of several for just-in-case days and quizzes too."
- "Great discussion prep, thanks!"
- "Can't wait to use these!"
These pre-discussion activities are designed for any novel, to help students get their heads in the game when they arrive in class. I find that students arrive to class thinking about everything but last night's reading.
By giving them some time to work on an engaging activity while I get things ready for what's next, they review what they've read and we all start class prepared and focused.
The fifteen print-and-go activities featured here include...
- Creating a comic strip version of the text
- Writing script for a talk show with characters as guests
- Creating an iPod playlist for a character
- Identifying key events from the reading in a timeline
- Designing a piece of graffiti for a character
All the activities call upon students to make key connections to the text so they have reviewed the reading and are prepared to discuss it.
These activities can be done individually, in pairs, or in small groups. They can be graded or ungraded. An Educator's Guide is included in the packet.
*Updated in 2020 with new graphics and a Google drive version for remote teaching.