These 15 graphic organizers have been created and utilized in upper level international classrooms. They are designed to promote critical thinking and relationship building across reading and writing areas. They also help promote active awareness of the roles of readers and writers as well as the decisions that both make in the context of a piece of composition.
Most of these graphic organizers are complex, multi-dimensional worksheets that have really aided success in breaking down the facets of critical thinking into bite-size portions.
The 15 worksheets provided in this packet are:
• Character Analysis
• If I Were the Character
• Important Elements of a Story
• Determining Author’s Purpose
• Choices Authors Make & Impact on Reader
• Reading Goals
• Writing Goals
• The ABCs of a Story Summary Organizer
• Setting Analysis
• Author’s Chair: Expanding an Author’s Work
• Author’s Decision & Reflection
• Forming Connections Between Reading and Real Life
• That was Then, This is Now Reflection
• Things I Liked Log (Element Specific Reading)
• I Recently Read (Reading Elements to Writing Components)
If you are unsure if this product is right for your classroom, please download the free sample pack (under the same name) or view the preview for a better understanding of the scope of these graphic organizers.
If you have any questions, concerns, or wish to know more about how I use them in my classroom, please email me at email@example.com.