- DRAMA LESSONS GRAB BAG! 20% OFF!! These SIX products are tailored for elementary and middle school students by an award winning drama teacher and director of thirty-eight years. Included in this bundle:1 play, perfect for the winter/spring months (Large Cast)1 famous artist biography (Denzel Washing$22.40$28.50Save $6.10
- BUNDLE AND SAVE!! This winter bundle (144 pages, 7 products) is suitable for upper elementary through middle school. Students perform one of two plays, study sound, costume, tableau and stage properties all centered around winter. Plus: You receive a BONUS Costume Design lesson on holiday parade$20.00$25.50Save $5.50
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$224.35$248.35Save $24.00
- 20% off! This bundle contains four multicultural plays (Inuit, Chinese, Bulgarian and German folk tales) and comprehensive units which are most suited for middle grade students. Students in a drama class, social studies or language arts class benefit from them the most because of the sophisticatio$24.60$29.00Save $4.40
- BUNDLE:Created for the classroom teacher and easy to produce!10% OFF! 254 pages of 8 multicultural plays with units, (each 15 minutes in length) appropriate for a public performance, however they were created with the classroom in mind. Students strengthen their study of other cultures, reading (fl$46.40$58.00Save $11.60
- Product Description
IMPROVED!! Created for the classroom teacher and easy to produce! This delightful fifteen-minute play based on a Bulgarian folk tale with roles for 25+ shares themes of winter, generosity and courage. Perfect choice for students studying the culture of Slavic countries and/or Europe in a social studies or a drama class. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively.
Based on a beloved Bulgarian folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
- explore folk tales of the Bulgarian culture
- dramatize a folk tale with song (Optional)
- and use their imaginations to express emotion through movement
Integrate with your vocal music teacher and present the play together!
This product includes:
- letter to teacher
- warm up--MY version of a popular exercise
- procedure or rehearsal schedule--takes some stress off the teacher
- play script--16 pages with roles for 25+
- stage properties suggestion list
- costume suggestion list
- sound effects list
- sources and links
- TWO songs--one a lullaby and one for the entire cast
- recording of the melodies with the accompaniment
- BONUS! costume design lesson and assignment
Comprehensive? You bet! Created by an award winning, veteran drama teacher and director of thirty-eight years.
Do you follow me? If not I'd love it if you would!Follow me
Need another play? Check out: Oji-San and the Grateful Statues
For more Dramamommaspeaks products check out:
Reviews of Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS."
"This resource is a fantastic way to tie Social Studies into reading! Thank you!"
"How interesting, informative, and creative. Thank you for creating this project. It will definitely be helpful."
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.