Also included in
- 20% off! This bundle contains four multicultural plays (Inuit, Chinese, Bulgarian and German folk tales) and comprehensive units which are most suited for middle grade students. Students in a drama class, social studies or language arts class benefit from them the most because of the sophisticatio$24.60$29.00Save $4.40
- BUNDLE:Created for the classroom teacher and easy to produce!10% OFF! 254 pages of 8 multicultural plays with units, (each 15 minutes in length) appropriate for a public performance, however they were created with the classroom in mind. Students strengthen their study of other cultures, reading (fl$46.40$58.00Save $11.60
This engaging and dramatic play (moderate or large cast depending on your needs) is suitable for students whether studying the country of China, Asia or used in a drama class. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively.
In addition, a teacher could assign the script to those students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Based on the Chinese folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
- explore folk tales of the Chinese culture—!
- dramatize a folk tale with chanting and ORIGINAL songs created specifically for this piece
- create masks
- and use their imaginations to express emotion through movement
Integrate with your vocal music teacher and present the play together! Your students can sing and accompany the song with drums, zylophone and/or mallet instruments or use the provided sound bytes instead.
This product comes with:
- warm up exercise--sound effects symphony
- procedure/rehearsal schedule
- 7 page script
- teacher's script for post performance assignment
- stage properties, props. and costume list
- original song reminiscent of the Chinese culture
- recordings of the various renditions of the ORINGAL music so you can pick and choose what you are most comfortable with for your production
- source list with suggestions for masks and Chinese dragon puppet
Comprehensive? You bet! This is a guaranteed successful teaching and learning experience created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years. Remember: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Do you follow me? If not, please do: FOLLOW ME
Need another play? Check out: Oji-San and the Grateful Statues at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/OJI-SAN-AND-THE-GRATEFUL-STATUES-TEN-MINUTE-PLAY-WITH-MUSIC-3592728
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For other Dramamommaspeaks products: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Here are some Dramamommaspeaks products you might need: