Also included in
- 20% off! This bundle contains four multicultural plays (Japanese, Italian, Jewish and Indian folk tales) and comprehensive units which are most suited for upper elementary and middle grade students. Students in a drama class, social studies or language arts class benefit from them the most because$23.20$29.00Save $5.80
- BUNDLE:Created for the classroom teacher and easy to produce!10% OFF! 254 pages of 8 multicultural plays with units, (each 15 minutes in length) appropriate for a public performance, however they were created with the classroom in mind. Students strengthen their study of other cultures, reading (fl$46.40$58.00Save $11.60
This engaging, comical unit and play (30 pages in length) with roles for 20+ students is suitable for students whether Social Studies class studying the country of India, Pakistan or used in a drama class. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively. In addition, a teacher could use this unit with students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Based on the Hindu folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
- explore folk tales of the Hindu culture
- dramatize a folk tale with ORIGINAL songs created specifically for this piece
- and use their imaginations to express emotion through movement
Integrate with your vocal music teacher and present the play together! Your students can sing and accompany the song with drums, zylophone and/or mallet instruments or use the provided sound bytes instead.
This product comes with:
- Letter to teacher
- Two warm up exercises-one an extensive movement exercise
- What is Hindu?
- Hindu words and phrases
- Procedure/rehearsal schedule
- 7 page script
- Teacher's script for post performance assignment
- Stage properties list
- Original song reminiscent of the Hindu culture
- Sound Bytes of melody and accompaniment
- Recordings of the various renditions of the ORINGAL music so you can pick and choose what you are most comfortable with for your production
- Sources list
Comprehensive? You bet!
Created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years. Remember: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
Reviews of Other Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"We used this with grades K-8. The kids loved it and we liked the "extra" warm-up skills and background information provided. Thanks."
This is an incredibly well done, unique product. I love that your resources are always SO comprehensive and no- prep. The kids will have a lot of fun with this one!""
"This is such a wonderful and creatively made resource!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For other Dramamommaspeaks products: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Here are some Dramamommaspeaks products you might need: