- BUNDLEThese seven drama lessons and units (163 pages) use fairy tales as the focus. In particular, students learn about set and costume design, tableau, stage makeup, stage properties AND participate in a class play, The Brave Little Tailor. Plus, they have the opportunity to be designers themselv$46.50$33.40Save $13.10
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$248.35$224.35Save $24.00
- 20% off! This bundle contains four multicultural plays (Inuit, Chinese, Bulgarian and German folk tales) and comprehensive units which are most suited for middle grade students. Students in a drama class, social studies or language arts class benefit from them the most because of the sophisticatio$29.00$24.60Save $4.40
- BUNDLE:Created for the classroom teacher and easy to produce!10% OFF! 254 pages of 8 multicultural plays with units, (each 15 minutes in length) appropriate for a public performance, however they were created with the classroom in mind. Students strengthen their study of other cultures, reading (fl$58.00$46.40Save $11.60
- 20% OFF! Here is an extraordinary bundle for you! If I was in your classroom teaching this play, I'd use this creative movement lesson with your students. Although it was created for middle grade students, students in grade four and five would appreciate this play and unit with a few modifications.$11.00$8.80Save $2.20
This comical play (moderate or large cast depending on your needs) is suitable whether studying fantasy and fairy tales, the German culture or in a drama class. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively. The central themes include fate, ingenuity and cleverness.
In addition, a teacher could assign this unit to students distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
There are three ways you can use this product:
1) As it stands
2) Dividing up the pages-If you need help with sending home a learning pack, check out: "Selecting Pages for Home Learning Pack"
https://commoncoreconnectionusa.blogspot.com/ If you need to just get one page out of a multi page PDF, you can choose "print to PDF" as a print option and then just select the pages(s) you want in that new document. Then it'll prompt you to save the PDF as a new document with just that one or so pages extracted.
3) You can use this PDF resource to create an activity that students can complete on a device. Select the red button above in the right column which says Create Digital Activity.
Based on the Grimms fairy tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
- learn about "the director's concept" and help to create one
- dramatize a fairy tale including a few puppets if you so choose
- use unusual materials as stage properties
- create comical characters
This product comes with:
- a warm up focused on dialogue and the art of imitation
- procedure or rehearsal schedule
- teacher's script--how I say it and what I say
- information about the Grimms Brothers and the true history of the fairy tales
- eleven page script complete with stage and blocking directions (to help you stage your performance)
- tips and advice
- discussion questions (post performance) with a quick art assignment
- costume suggestions
- original song, written for this play--plenty of fun for everyone!
- sound bytes which can be used as accompaniment or for rehearsing the song
- stage properties list--including how to create each prop
- links to puppets, hat making
Comprehensive? You bet!
This is will be a very successful teaching and learning experience created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
Need another play? Check out other Dramamommaspeaks products at:
You may also like these Dramamommaspeaks products:
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.