Also included in
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$224.35$248.35Save $24.00
- 20% off! This bundle contains four multicultural plays (Japanese, Italian, Jewish and Indian folk tales) and comprehensive units which are most suited for upper elementary and middle grade students. Students in a drama class, social studies or language arts class benefit from them the most because$23.20$29.00Save $5.80
- BUNDLE:Created for the classroom teacher and easy to produce!10% OFF! 254 pages of 8 multicultural plays with units, (each 15 minutes in length) appropriate for a public performance, however they were created with the classroom in mind. Students strengthen their study of other cultures, reading (fl$46.40$58.00Save $11.60
This comical play and song (based on an Italian folk tale) is suitable whether studying folk tales, the Italian culture or in a drama class. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively. The central themes include generosity, laziness and selfishness. Based on an Italian folk tale, students have an opportunity to:
- create comical characters--stereotypes in particular
- use movement to explore ideas and themes
- sing a song in unison
- choral speaking
- develop a theatrical piece with peers
This product comes with:
- a warm up focused on the objective of a character
- procedure or rehearsal schedule
- teacher's script--how I say it and what I say
- information about the translator/author,
- the original folk tale--gives the students a nice opportunity to discuss comparison and contrast
- six page script complete with stage and blocking directions (to help you stage your performance)
- tips and advice
- discussion questions (post performance) with a quick art assignment
- costume suggestions
- original songs, written for this play--plenty of fun for everyone!
- an alternate set of lyrics in Italian for the song!
- sound bytes which can be used as accompaniment or for rehearsing the songs
- stage properties list--including how to create each prop
- sound effects list
- costume suggestions
- Italian words for the days of the week, including pronunciation
Comprehensive? You bet!
This is a guaranteed successful teaching and learning experience created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Do you follow me? If not, I hope you will. Follow Me
Check out my other TPT products at: Dramamommaspeaks
Here's what reviewers have said of Dramamommaspeaks products:
“A resource that includes everything you need! Two-days of diving into the world of Tony Awards, students will love it. Brimming with fascinating trivia!”
“WOW! WHAT an AWESOME Resource!!!! Thanks for providing the questions, the links, a couple of different teaching options. This could be a great sub plan, but I know every teacher wants to do this lesson for themselves. Love that you finished with a great tweet from L M Miranda. Kids are gonna love THIS!”
Need another play? Check out other Dramamommaspeaks products at:
You may also like these Dramamommaspeaks products:
"This is extremely complete and a well-designed resource. I love the video clip links! The Tony Awards section is a nice addition. I also appreciate the keys."
What a great resource to use with these older students. It is very comprehensive and will definitely involve them.
This is an amazing resource that gets students creating and planning a set for drama!! A fantastic way for students to practice skills that are necessary in life! Thank you!
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.