Also included in
- ON SALE 10% OFF! Are you looking for year-long advice and help from an award winning, veteran drama teacher? I created a bundle of drama lessons, units and plays to help you! This bundle includes 39 products (NEARLY 1,200 PAGES) which were all created by me and time tested in my classroom over thi$224.35$248.35Save $24.00
- 20% off! This bundle contains four multicultural plays (Inuit, Chinese, Bulgarian and German folk tales) and comprehensive units which are most suited for middle grade students. Students in a drama class, social studies or language arts class benefit from them the most because of the sophisticatio$24.60$29.00Save $4.40
- BUNDLE:Created for the classroom teacher and easy to produce!10% OFF! 254 pages of 8 multicultural plays with units, (each 15 minutes in length) appropriate for a public performance, however they were created with the classroom in mind. Students strengthen their study of other cultures, reading (fl$46.40$58.00Save $11.60
BUNDLEThis dramatic 15 minute play with roles for 20+ students is based on a creation myth is suitable whether studying culture the Native American culture, Alaskan territory or in a drama class. This unit is suitable for gifted fifth grade through ninth grade. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively.
Based on the beloved Inuit folk tale by the same name, students will have an opportunity to:
explore creation myths of the Inuit culture—specifically the origin of whales, walruses and seals and why the ocean is sometimes calm and other times raging from--
dramatize a folk tale with chanting and song
and use their imaginations to express emotion through movement
Your students can sing and accompany the song with drums and/or mallet instruments.
This product comes with:
- warm up
- procedure or rehearsal schedule
- rationale for teaching creation myths
- how to approach dramatic conflict in creation myths with your students
- teacher's script--what I say and how I say it!
- thirteen page script
- stage properties list
- sound effects list
- post performance discussion questions
- original song reminiscent of the Inuit culture
- sound byte of the melody with the accompaniment
- source list with suggestions for masks and dances
Comprehensive? You bet! This is a guaranteed successful teaching and learning experience created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Need another play? Check out: Oji-San and the Grateful Statues at: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/OJI-SAN-AND-THE-GRATEFUL-STATUES-TEN-MINUTE-PLAY-WITH-MUSIC-3592728
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.