This engaging 15 minute holiday play and unit (38 pages in length) with roles for 25+ students is suitable for students whether studying winter, folk tales, nature, birds or used in a creative dramatics class. Students strengthen their reading (fluency), speaking (diction) and listening skills (restating) while learning to work cooperatively.
A teacher could assign this play and unit to students who are distance learning. #DistanceLearningTPT
- explore a North American folk tale about the legend of the evergreen trees
- dramatize a folk tale with ORIGINAL songs created specifically for this piece
- use their imaginations to express emotion through movement
Integrate with your vocal music teacher and present the play together!
This product comes with:
- Letter to teacher
- Two warm up exercises-one an extensive movement exercise
- A copy of the original folk tale about the reasons evergreen trees never lose their leaves
- Procedure/rehearsal schedule--day to day break down and minutes needed
- 8 Page script--complete with stage directions to help the teacher stage the piece
- Teacher's script for post performance assignment
- Stage properties list
- Snowflake and frost construction page
- Costume suggestions list--how to dress cast simply or more extensively
- Sound effects list--with suggestions over how to create them
- Two coloring pages just for fun
- Sound Bytes of melody and accompaniment
- Sources list
The music (optional) could be performed with piano accompaniment or Orff instruments as well as guitar.
Comprehensive? You bet!
Created by a veteran drama teacher of thirty-eight years.
Remember: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! If you would try to buy this unit through a play publishing company, it would cost you $10.95 for just the play (see Dramatics Publishing Company). This is an entire unit AND the play. This is a heck of a deal!!
For more Dramamommaspeaks Products go to: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Reviews of Other Dramamommaspeaks Products:
"My 4th grade drama class loved this activity! I will definitely do this again next year!"
"Your materials are always clever and so comprehensive. Thank you!"
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases? Just provide feedback for resources you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback” button next to your purchases, rate the resource, and leave a short comment. (You need to do both to earn credits.)
You receive 1 TPT credit for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
For other Dramamommaspeaks products: Dramamommaspeaks Store
Here are some Dramamommaspeaks products you might need: