Also included in
- PACKET 1: This reading packet provides 49 word lists of Open Syllable type words. There are 6 syllable types in reading, and open syllable is one of the six types. The basic overall purpose of learning syllable type reading is to give students 6 reading strategies to aid them in chunking longer wo$16.20$18.00Save $1.80
- The mega bundle packet includes 400+ words lists and 75 games and activities!!! This bundle gives me an organized way to teach reading throughout the year. It is basically my reading road map for the year. Closed Syllable is the first syllable type I teach. Once students know how to read the Close$89.00$107.00Save $18.00
There are 6 syllable types in reading, and open syllable is one of the six types. The basic overall purpose of learning syllable type reading is to give students 6 reading strategies to aid them in chunking longer words into short, readable parts. This packet of activities and games give students a fun way to learn open syllable words.
There are 160 open syllable words used in this packet targeting all vowels. Most words are only 1 and 2 syllables long. The purpose in using simple open syllable words is to help students easily and quickly grasp the pattern of open syllables.
Also, this packet contains a word work notebook that is super student and teacher friendly. You can move at your own pace depending on how quickly students are absorbing the skills. Students are able to learn quality word skills in just minutes, and teachers have everything they need at their fingertips to teach the skills in a jiffy with all preparation complete.
The 15 fun activities/games can be placed in language stations, or they can be played during small groups.
Also, You will enjoy watching your students as they learn another way to break the code to reading!
***Answer key is included.
Here’s a list of the activities/games in the packet:
1. Bubble Yum Relay
2. Flower Power
3. Read, Count & Write
4. Open Syllable Vowel Sort
5. Open Syllable Scoop
6. First or Last Syllable Open? (Word Sort)
7. Fill Up the Jar
8. I Spy
9. Who's Talkin' ? (‘y’ or 'e)
10. First or Last Syllable Open? (Picture Sort)
11. Hear, Write & Draw
12. Open Syllable Booklets
14. Try Spelling/Draw & Spell
15. Move the Cow to the Barn