Appshell (Normally $8)
"appShell" is a collection of simple PHP scripts I use in a course called "Advanced Information Technology". Its purpose is to help students get their first web application up and running by giving them a skeleton of a web site that works. It is also intended to be model of code they can edit and re-use throughout the site.
These scripts are all tested and fully functional. However, they REQUIRE a web server to function. Students need some facility with HTML,CSS, PHP, and SQL queries.
The following are the product contents:
1. (5) empty folders to teach organization: css, js, resources, setup, images
2. a very basic .css file in the css folder
3. (9) php scripts: a home page, a login and logout functionality illustrating cookie setting, a registration form that is fully functional once the database has been set up, a generic form that does not connect to database yet
4. a setup folder with 3 PHP scripts: one for creating a table of users (includes model of hashing passwords), one for viewing a table, one for dropping a table.
5. (2) PowerPoint slideshow tutorials
This set of scripts is for advanced students who have some programming experience. Once students have a web server and access to a SQL database, they just need to extract and upload these files to their public_html web server space and everything works out of the box.
Course: Productivity Computing (Normally $35)
Product is materials for a 1 semester high school level course called "Productivity Computing". I taught this course in various forms for 6 years for high school students. This product has materials to teach word processing, spreadsheet, and image manipulation. The image manipulation lessons are taught using open-source software called Gimp.
(1) course syllabus that you can customize
(5) "Skill Set" lists for word processing, spreadsheet, image manipulation
(3) rubrics, one for word processing project, spreadsheet project, and image manipulation project
(5) spreadsheet project specifications and supporting data
(5) word processing project specifications
(2) word processing "basic training" projects
(8) image manipulation project specifications
A "Skill Set" is a list of actions students practice until they can perform them fluently. I assess this either through observation or ask students to create a screencast. I count these as quizzes.
TeachersWebHost.com is a great content management system from which to teach this course. The site offers a full range of rubric-assessed grading, test generators, and tools for managing a classroom. Integrates well with Google Classroom.
C++ Units (Normally $20)
This product is a unit in C++ that I teach in a course entitled "Advanced Information Technology" to 10th through 12th graders. The course is conceived as a career exploration in the IT profession.
The aim of this unit is to teach an introduction to the C++ programming language.
The ZIP file includes:
(1) PowerPoint presentation (59 slides) explaining basics of C++ that students will use in the activities
(1) PowerPoint presentation specifically for helping students with activity 3
(7) C++ activities/projects with keys
(1) folder with images for the multiple-choice questions
(1) screencast showing how to start a new project in the NetBeans IDE
(1) ZIP file for the multiple-choice test generator at TeachersWebHost.com. You need not unzip the files.It is easily uploaded to TeachersWebHost.com for generating tests for your students. If you use Google Classroom, it's no trouble. TeachersWebHost.com integrates easily.
Intro to Database (Normally $20)
This product is a unit in database that I teach in a course entitled "Advanced Information Technology" to 10th through 12th graders. The course is conceived as a career exploration in the IT profession.
The aim of this unit is to introduce students to databases and to give hands-on experience.
The ZIP file includes:
(6) PowerPoint presentations: three for lecture, two are keys to activities, one is the reference table for the test
(2) ZIP files for upload at TeachersWebHost.com to generate tests. One is for the multiple-choice test generators, one is for the vocabulary matching generator.
(7) activities in database: Chen-style E-R diagrams, MS Access, and SQL (all with keys)
and there are two ACCDB files illustrating activities
(1) Review activity for the test
(1) test in database, practical and multiple-choice parts
15% OFF = $70.55