This is a 16 page study guide that would make a great review/reference guide for many algebra students. I found that some of my algebra students often did well learning new algebra topics, but were held back from being even more successful because of gaps in their fraction knowledge. I created this study guide with the topics that came up most often.
Often students that didn't understand a topic earlier in their math career are more "ready" for the topics, and a short review is all they need to understand the topics!
- Understanding what fractions are
- Cross canceling to make multiplication more efficient
- Simplifying algebraic fractions
- Subtracting fractions from whole numbers
- Multiplying whole numbers by unit fractions
- Clearing equations of fractions to make solving easier