Problem of the Day for middle school math
This zip file contains 180 common core aligned "real world" word problems for middle schoolers in 3 different formats:
- A printable version of the 180 word problems that contains 3 word problems per page. This is useful if you want to run off copies for each student and have them complete a word problem each night as part of their homework!
- A list of all 180 questions and answers for the teacher. This provides the teacher with not only an answer key, but it is also the easiest version to skim quickly if you are looking for a word problem that corresponds with a particular lesson.
- Powerpoint presentations that contain one question per slide. This is great if you want to project the word problems onto a board and use them as a daily warm-up!
(The PowerPoints in this download are broken up into 4 separate files with 45 word problems in each to keep them managable sizes).
- I am in the process of adding Google Slides versions of the word problems for distance learning, as well. Right now there are Google Slides for the first 90 word problems - the last 90 will be coming soon!
A table of contents that lists each topic and the problem numbers that use that particular skill is also included. A list of all the common core standards that align with these word problems is included, as well, along with a chart showing which standards correlate with each problem!
Topics covered in this set of 180 word problems include:
- customary system
- metric system
- writing/solving algebraic equations
- whole number operations
- scientific notation
- finding averages
Many of the word problems require students to read carefully to ensure that they answer the question that is asked and most of the word problems require multiple step solutions.
This set is a bundle of my four 45 Daily Middle School Word Problem Sets, and saves you $4 over buying each set separately:
- Set 1
- Set 2
- Set 3
- Set 4
If you want to try it before you buy it, check out my FREE sample!