Analyze the Louisiana Purchase with this easy to use resource!
This 1-page handout provides the original legislation as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, Thomas Jefferson's Louisiana Purchase Treaty in 1803. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the legislation.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See sample for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
• Early Native Policy w/ Jefferson American Document Analysis Activity
• New Frontier in American West SPRITE Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• New Frontier in the West Primary Source Analysis Activity CCSS Handouts
• Dawes Act 1887 Document Analysis Activity Native Americans in West
• American Expansion to New Frontier SPRITE Social Studies Organizer
• American Expansion SPRITE Google Drive Interactive Lesson
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources.
You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!