Differentiated crossword puzzle set about the Harding administration, scandals and all! Includes both easy and hard levels! Goes with any U.S. history textbook. Great for a fun diversion that will lead students to do some research! Even works well for a sub plan!
In my own classes, I see the value of making learning fun. That’s why I try my best to develop activities and puzzles that students find engaging, even as they make a teacher’s professional life just a little bit easier!
About this 1920s Crossword Puzzle
This 1920s crossword puzzle review covers major changes in American culture and everyday lifestyles during the Roaring Twenties. The puzzles provided are designed for differentiated learning and include the following student and teacher materials:
- Crossword Puzzle in standard format: grid and clues
- Crossword Puzzle for differentiated learning: word bank along with grid and clues
- Solution Grid answer key
- Vocabulary list for reviewing items with the class
Topics Included in this Warren G. Harding Crossword Puzzle
- Interior Secretary Albert B. Fall
- Britain and France as debtor nations
- Calvin Coolidge
- Charles Evans Hughes
- Harding’s Tax Policy
- Dawes Plan
- Fordney-McCumber Tariff
- Foreign Competition
- Harding’s misplaced trust in his friends
- German reparations
- Harding’s cause of death
- Herbert Hoover
- Kellogg-Briand Pact
- Harding’s belief in limited government interference with the economy
- Washington Naval Conference
- Ohio as Harding’s home state
- Ohio Gang
- The Harding Administration’s reputation for scandals
- The Teapot Dome Scandal
- Warren G. Harding as the 29th president
Teacher Convenience Features in these 1920s Crossword Puzzles
This puzzle pack includes a variety of options designed to give teachers instant options.
- Designed for differentiated learning, with two difficulty levels provided:
- For each puzzle, first you will see a standard presentation with just the crossword grid and the lists of clues.
- On the very next page, however, you will see a “basic” version of the same puzzle. This one includes a word bank so that students who need more guided assistance can also succeed on the puzzles, learning along the way!
- The answer keys are also designed for teacher convenience:
- First you will see the puzzle grid filled in with the answers. This page also includes the clues for teacher reference.
- On the next answer page, you’ll find a handy vocabulary table that pairs up each answer with its corresponding clue. This page will let you review terms and names with your students without having to hunt for the answers on a puzzle grid.
Ways to Use these Harding Presidency Puzzle Worksheets
The information included on these puzzles matches what is typically presented in a high school history textbook, but of course if students have internet-capable devices – even their own smart phones, if that works per your school’s policies – they can always augment the textbook with a spot of online research.
These American history puzzles work great for:
- Reviewing key concepts after the text has been read and discussed
- Homework assignments
- Sub plans – even months after the 1920s have been taught, you can use these for emergency substitute lesson plans!
- Open-book 1920s tests
- 1920s quizzes
- Group / Cooperative Learning Activities
- History contest activities
Looking for More Fun History Puzzles?
If you like using puzzles in your history curriculum, you might like to have a look at these additional individual puzzles and puzzle packs I’ve created:
History Puzzle Packs
Individual Crossword Puzzles: The 1920s
Individual Crossword Puzzles: Other Topics
Find many more fun puzzle-based activities at the links below
Puzzles at my Elise Parker TpT Store
Thanks for reading this far -- I hope you're having a great school year and a lot of fun with your classes!
Happy teaching as always,
Elise Parker TpT