1930s Great Depression Primary Source Analysis
This bundled set includes 8-pages of handouts providing an assortment of quotes and images for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of the economic, political, cultural, and decade changes in the 1930s and the Great Depression. Includes a wrap-up question on each in which students make comparisons to our modern economy.
Events Leading to the Great Depression
Causes of the Great Depression
Effects of the Great Depression
New Deal Legislation
President Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, & Franklin D. Roosevelt
Stock Market Crash of 1929
African-American & Minority Discrimination
WPA, TVA, CCC, and other New Deal Agencies
Images by Dorthea Lange
Answers will vary, so no key provided! All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress public domain.
Great class or homework assignment! Also available as individual products.
• Great Depression Image Analysis
• Great Depression Infographic Analysis Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• Great Depression Primary Source Analysis Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• Great Depression SPRITE Reading & Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• Great Depression Task Rotation Assessments Homework Assignments
• Great Depression Timeline Assignment Rubric w/Bonus Activity
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources. You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!