PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is perfect for US History curriculums OR sociology and psychology of genders.
Goals/Objectives/Student Outcomes/Performance Expectations:
o Brainstorm ideas and schemas about the 1950’s including gender roles, entertainment, and dress.
o Brainstorm what they think about themselves including responsibilities, style, and entertainment and their role in the present year.
o Familiarize themselves with their preexisting knowledge of the 1950’s to ensure a transition from the Cold War to the 1950’s American Dream.
• View primary sources to understand the ideals of the 1950’s.
• View primary sources to understand the family dynamic/expectations and gender roles.
• Interpret and critique primary documents including cartoons, quotes from a textbook, and classic 1950’s television shows.
• “What you think when you hear 1950’s?” and “Who am I today?” handout
• I Love Lucy “Job Switching” Part 1
• Leave it to Beaver Clip (any episode featuring June)
• “1950’s Women” Quotes and Summative Questions handout