Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.12 MB | 15 pages
This is a side project I teach as we read George Orwell's "1984" - We start it when we're about halfway through the novel, and it takes about a week of class time. The focus of it is to research about the state of Privacy in America, and then to have a short class debate on the two sides of it.
1) Step 1 - Learning about privacy and determining individual opinions/beliefs (2 different 2-page documents)
2) Step 2 - Breaking into 2 groups, and researching the different perspectives on privacy (2 different 2-page documents)
3) Step 3 - Organizing research into topics for presentation (2 different 1-page documents)
4) Step 4 - Final preparation and final debate (2 different 1-page documents)
5) Step 5 - Final reflection (2 different 1-page documents)
As a grade, I've included a rubric that grades students according to:
- Initial opinion essay
- Participation in research
- Debate presentation/participation
- Final opinion essay