This Group Research Project for "1984" is aligned with the common core standards and requires students to work together to create a research project. The final project includes a five paragraph research paper written and cited in MLA format and a PowerPoint presentation that is presented to class.
Assigning this group research project is a great introduction to the the political context of the plot before students read the novel. This project can also serve as an extension activity during or after students finish the novel.
This download includes:
- The research project assignment (PDF)
- Research topics and websites for students to visit (PDF)
- Group member evaluation forms (PDF)
- Teacher rubric with customizable point values (PDF)
- Editable example PowerPoint Template (PPT)
Save money and purchase this project as a bundle:
British Literature CCSS aligned Group Research Project Bundle
Other 1984 Resources That Might Interest You:
1984 Character Analysis Graphic Organizers
George Orwell - 1984 Paper - 1984 Research Topics - Common Core Standards for 1984 - Group Research Project - Totalitarianism - Censorship - Big Brother