This 1984 Unit Plan comes with everything that you'll need to teach George Orwell's classic--except for a class set of books! You'll find a day-to-day calendar with CCSS-aligned lesson plans for FIVE WEEKS, including thought-provoking non-fiction connections.
This unit plan includes:
1. Calendar with daily lesson plan for five weeks of lessons.
2. Reading questions to accompany each homework assignment.
3. Two Prezi presentations to introduce your students to the novel, the essential questions and the big concepts.
4. Ten discussion-worthy journal prompts.
5. Three paragraph prompts.
6. Three tests (one for each part of the novel), each with two different forms to help avoid wandering eyes.
7. Two vocabulary handouts and two accompanying vocabulary quizzes, covering a total of 40 words from the novel.
8. Answer keys for all tests.
9. Non-fiction connections and a non-fiction response sheet.
10. Socratic Seminar discussion questions and brainstorm sheet.
11. Group work jigsaw activities.
12. And more!
Keywords: 1984; Orwell; lesson plans; unit plans; common core; literature; printables; worksheets; handouts; Powerpoint; Prezi; Socratic Seminar; non-fiction