"1984" by George Orwell: A Study Guide has been thoroughly revised and expanded!
1. Teacher's introduction;
2. Detailed, original sections on biography, political and intellectual background, narrative voice, themes, symbols, etc.;
3. Each chapter has a detailed commentary with follow-up questions (94 in all), which guide the reader to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the novel. The questions have NO ANSWERS (nor are answers needed). They are are primarily designed to stimulate group discussion, but can also be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, formal presentations, written answers, etc.;
4. Guide to further reading;
5. Literary terms glossary and activity;
6. Two graphics (plot and character) for student notes;
7. Ideas for grouping students for discussion, feedback, and presentations.