This unit includes a variety of activities to use to teach CCSS 1.NBT.6. Ideal for instruction, guided practice, independent practice and group work!
- Model it! Read the equation, count the tens and ones to solve.
- Draw it Up - Draw models to subtract with multiples of 10 (4 pgs.)
- Subtract with Place Value- Use place value to subtract with multiples of 10 (4 pgs.)
- Flip It! Write the horizontal subtraction equations vertically and solve. (4pgs.)
- Relate Addition & Subtraction - solve the subtraction equation, then write the related addition fact (4 pgs)
- Related Facts Matchup (2 pgs)
- Explain This! Use a strategy to solve and explain your answer. (3 pgs.)
- I’ve Got the SPINS! Spin a number, spin a multiple of 10 to subtract. Record on recording sheet.
- Exit tickets (quick checks) 1 pg.
- SCOOT around the Kitchen & Recording
- Center Matchup (6 pgs)