How to Prepare
- Cut out each card (beginning on page 2) and put them in a pile - face down.
- 2-4 Players
- 2 minute timer
- Draw one card at a time.
- Read it out loud. (If you read it correctly you get to keep it, if not put it back in the pile.)
- If you draw a “Dud” card, save it.
- If you draw a “Dynamite” card you explode (and must put all the cards back in the pile), unless you have a “Dud” card. If you have a “Dud” card and draw a “Dynamite” card, put them both back in the pile, keeping your sight words.
- The player with the most cards at the end of 5 minutes wins!
- 140 Words Arranged by spelling pattern, not frequency.
- Use a pile of words based on what your students are working on, making multiple copies of the words that need most practice.