1st & 2nd Grade Decodable Reading Comprehension Passages or Phonics Passages
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Do you need quick no-prep activities with decodable comprehension passages? This 1st & 2nd grade phonics passages bundle is jam packed with decodable reading passages and questions that focus on specific sounds whilst increasing fluency.
These 2nd & 1st grade phonics passages use developmentally appropriate sight words and vocabulary to help build your students' fluency. Each reading comprehension passage is followed up by a set of text-based questions to check for comprehension.
Included in this bundle of decodable comprehension passages:
⭐️CVC Short Vowel Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️CVCC and CVCE Phonics Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️Beginning Blends Phonics Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️Digraphs No-Prep Phonics Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️Vowel Teams No-Prep Phonics Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️Diphthongs No-Prep Phonics Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️R-Controlled Words No-Prep Phonics Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️Trigraphs No-Prep Phonics Reading Comprehension Passages
⭐️Silent Letters Phonics Reading Comprehension Printables
This decodable reading passages and questions bundle is divided into nine levels where your students will use the prior knowledge acquired and practiced from the previous packet to build onto the next packet.
❤️These 1st & 2nd grade phonics passages and phonics printables can be assigned to your students for group work, literacy center, homework, or even as a quick assessment.
Each of these 2nd & 1st Grade phonics passages includes…
- The phonics skill displayed in the top right-hand corner
- 3 images to color in each time your students read the passage
- List of words with the focus phonics skill in a box on the right for students to find and highlight in the text
- Engaging text using appropriate level of sight words and the focus words
- 3 text-based comprehension questions to encourage students to think and write and to further practice their phonics skills.
Check out the Focus Sounds covered in these reading comprehension passages…
- -at, -ag, -an, -ad, -am, -ap
- -ed, -en, -eg, -et
- -id, -ig, -in, -ip, -it
- -ob, -od, -og, -op, -ot
- -ug, -um, -un, -ut
- -ld, -nd, -nk, -nt, -mp, -st, -ll, -ss, -ng
- long a (-ake, -ave, -ale, -ame, -ate)
- long i (-ice, -ide, -ike, -ine, -ire)
- long o (-oke, -ole, -one, -ope, -ore, -ose)
- long u (oo sound and yoo sound)
- L Blends: bl, cl, gl, fl, pl, sl
- R Blends: br, cr, dr, fr, gr, tr
- S Blends: sk, sm, sn, sp, st, sw
- Beginning Digraphs: ch-, sh-, wh-, th- (th like bath), and th- (th like these)
- Ending Digraphs: -ch, -ck, -sh, -th, -ng
- Long A: ai, ay, eigh
- Long E: ee, ea, ey, ie
- Long I: ie, igh, i (bonus)
- Long O: oa, oe, ow
- Long U: ew, ue, ui, oo (short sound), oo (long sound)
- oi, ou, oy, ow, au, aw
- ar, er, ir, or, ur
- Beginning Trigraphs: squ, str, scr, spr
- Ending Trigraphs: tch, dge
- silent b
- silent k
- silent w
- silent h
- silent l
Not sure yet? Download the sample freebie here to check out what these decodable reading passages are like!
What teachers are saying about these decodable comprehension passages?
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Always good to have a lot of choices with decodables for our students who are struggling. The kids are so pleased with themselves when they can read independently, even when they know they are not reading on grade level. Thanks for helping me with my small group reading lessons.” - Linda H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Great Resource! Passages are Great and my students really enjoy them.” - Olivia H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is a wonderful collection of passages! It has given my struggling readers the confidence they needed!!” - Emily A.
***The passages and the questions included in this bundle are the same as the ones in the PhonicsReading Comprehension Boom Cards Bundle. You can purchase the Boom Card Bundle if you'd like to get the self-checking digital card version.
Check out these First Grade Favorites:
Check out these Second Grade Favorites:
Check out these Phonics Favorites:
Thank you for visiting my store! This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.