This product includes 3-4 days of lessons that comprehensively cover the 1st amendment freedoms.
Included in the product:
- Gallery Walk Activity: Interactive anticipatory set that will engage students and teach them to think critically about some 1st amendment controversies. (PDF and Word)
- 30-slide power point/keynote presentation that will cover important content of all 5 freedoms. The presentations include unit content, landmark Supreme Court cases, current events, video links, and discussion questions. (Editable)
- Cloze Notes: for students to fill-in as you present information. The notes also leave room for students to analyze court cases and write their opinions.
- Supreme Court Case Summaries: This PDF document provides the key facts and circumstances surrounding several pivotal Supreme Court cases.
- 1st Amendment Scenario Review Game: This fun review game allows students to review what they just learned and determine the constitutionality of a variety of 1st amendment issues. (PDF)
This product provides notes, activities, and materials for 3-4 days of lessons. The materials will get your students talking and will not only cover key landmark cases and historic content, but will address current 1st amendment issues as well. Check out my preview for more info. This is great for both regular and AP® Government classes!
This product is also available in my Civil Liberties and Civil Rights Unit BUNDLE for AP® U.S. Government at 20% off.
Check out these other great U.S. Government resources available in my store:
Civil Liberties and Civil Rights Supreme Court Rankings Activity
Bill of Rights Webquest and Discussion
AP® Government Switch-Up Game: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
AP® Government Test: Civil Rights and Civil Liberties
Government Review Game: Judicial Branch (including Civil Rights and Liberties)
Bingo Bundle: Three Branches of Government
Government Review Game BUNDLE-6 Games
Passing a Bill to Law Activity
Constitutional or Unconstitutional? Activity and Outlines
U.S. Government Warm-Ups (72 total!)
Earn credits for your valuable feedback!
After you purchase a product, return to your “My Purchases” page and provide feedback on this product. You’ll earn credits, which will give you discounts on your future TPT purchases. Your positive feedback is always appreciated!
Visit my store and click on the green star to follow me and receive product updates: Holly's Social Studies Store.
You can also follow me on Pinterest by clicking here.
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product.