This 17 slide powerpoint with 3 page student note sheet leads through the basic skills for dealing with numbers in a science class.
The zip file includes:
* editable Powerpoint - 17 slides
* Student Notes sheet - 3 pages (editable WORD & pdf)
The Powerpoint file includes teacher notes in the notes section.
The lesson includes:
1. Geese Flying in V slide
setting class tone (explained in notes)
2. Factor Label Method for converting units
2 simple principles it is based on
6 examples (including 2 that are two dimensions)
3. Scientific Notation as a review - not an introduction
4. Using factor label with metric conversions
( so many teachers in the past have done these students a disservice by training them with a particular chart of prefixes & they have no idea how to do it without that chart!)
5. Significant Figures Rules
6. Rounding to Sig Figs after a computation
This DOES not go into the whole lesson of how to know HOW MANY sig figs the answer should have
7. Rounding Sig Figs with Factor Label
The FREE pdf preview shows ALL the powerpoint slides. Of course you can add or delete whatever you want.....it is editable.
The Factor Label Homework assignment with powerpoint solutions that I use after this lesson is available in my TpT store too!